Unlimited capability for torque testing all closure system designs
The Vortex-i motorised torque testing system provides constant rotational speed to enable accurate, repeatable, closure torque measurement. Top-loading allows push and turn CRCs to be tested and the ability to write advanced test programs gives designers the power to optimise functionality.
- Build your own test program, unique to your closure system
- Gain accurate test data with constant motor-driven rotation
- Capture strategic events, reliably identify breakaway torque with fallback/sensitivity control
- Evaluate results in-depth, performing standard or bespoke calculations
- The applied torque as the closure is tightened
- The strip torque as the closure is overtightened
- The release (peak) torque as the first seal is overcome
- The slip and bridge torque where the tamper-evident band separates from the screw closure.
For CRCs, masses are added to the top-load carrier to apply a constant down force while rotating the closure and measuring the release torque.
- Capacities from 0.3 N.m to 10 N.m.
- Intelligent Torque Loadcell capacities: 0.3 N.m, 1.5 N.m, 3 N.m, 6 N.m, 10 N.m (2.7 lbf.in, 13 lbf.in, 26 lbf.in, 52 lbf.in, 90 lbf.in)
- maximum sample height of 448 mm
- Width between columns 280 mm (11")
- Capacity of upper mounting table from 10 to 78 mm (0.39 - 3.1")
- Capacity of lower mounting table from 10 to 190 mm (0.39 - 7.48")
- Load accuracy is ±0.5% of full scale
- Load resolution is 1:6500
- Speed range of 0.1 - 20 revs/min (clockwise and counter-clockwise)
- Maximum displacement of 2440 revs
- 5 kg top loading capability
* measured with upper and lower mounting tables fitted