Versatile and affordable closure torque tester
The Vortex-dV is a precision-controlled motorised stand with a choice of torque transducers, an AFTI digital torque display and data capture unit, and a range of grips and fixtures. This robust and simple to use system is suited to either R&D in the laboratory, or quality control in the production area. It improves greatly on manual units with accurate gripping and precise speed control, and in batch testing, eliminates user repetitive strain injury.
Add VectorPro™ Lite software to a Vortex-dV with AFG, for data acquisition and analysis, and storage of regular test routines.
- 4 models: 1.5 N.m, 3 N.m, 6 N.m, 10 N.m
- Outstanding value, superior motorised torque tester with top-load capability
- Simple controls backed by sophisticated electronics
- Precise control of speed and position setting
- Versatile, rugged and reliable, with splash-proof casing
- Ideal choice for routine testing when combined with the AFTI gauge
- Manual bidirectional control
- Run to or between target angular positions
- Run to break
- Run to torque
- Clear, colour display, with continuous live readings, indication of status, rotational speed, angle, and (with AFTI connected) torque.
- Just four multifunction buttons for all settings and operation, with multi-language display.
- Fine control allows precise setting of speed and angular position, and all test parameters. The centre button confirms menu settings.
- Coloured LEDs clearly indicate machine status during testing.
The AFTI interacts with the Vortex-dV to receive, store and transmit torque data, capture first and ultimate peak values, with pass/fail indicator, and can be used to set control limits for the Vortex-dV. (Order separately).
- Measure torque, tension or compression
- View 1st peak & ultimate max readings
- Audible and visual pass/fail alarms
- Store up to 500 readings in the memory
- Reversible display
Connect to a PC with VectorPro™ Lite software, for:
- storage of test routine settings and calculations
- data acquisition
- live graph plotting
- results storage, reporting and exporting
- basic statistics.
- Choice of transducers: 1.5 N.m, 3 N.m, 6 N.m, 10 N.m (13 lbf.in, 26 lbf.in, 52 lbf.in, 90 lbf.in)
- Maximum travel of adjustable transducer carriage: 182 mm (7.2″)
- Maximum headroom: 505 mm (19.9″) [448 mm (17.6″)]*
- Width between columns 280 mm (11.02″)
- Weight 19.5 kg (48 lb)
- Power requirements: 230 V AC 50 Hz, or 110 V AC 60 Hz
- Max power: 100 W
- Torque accuracy: 0.5% of full scale
- Torque units: mN.m, N.m, kgf.cm, lbf.in, ozf.in (as per AFTI)
- Speed range: 0.1 rev/min to 30 rev/min (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Speed accuracy: ±1% of indicated speed
- Speed resolution: 0.01 rev/min, (0.1°/s)
- Maximum displacement: 9999 revs
- Displacement accuracy: 0.2° per 36,000°
- Displacement resolution: 0.1° (0.001 rev)
* with upper and lower mounting table fitted