Unlimited capability to force test of all types of closure systems
The Mecmesin MultiTest 2.5-i test frame sets the standard in computer-controlled testing, operating through the power of EmperorTM; easy-to-use yet powerful force testing and analysis software. The ability to program sophisticated procedures, based on international legislation or in-house test standards, enables the optimisation of quality, integrity, performance and functionality in corks, stoppers and dispensing cap closures.
Create your own library and run sophisticated routines for closure system product development and design optimisation.
- Build your own test program, unique to your closure system
- Gain accurate test data with constant motor-driven displacement
- Capture strategic events in complex functional caps; measure pull-off, push-on, trigger, release, flip-up, peel forces.
- Evaluate results in-depth, performing standard or bespoke calculations
For pull/push closures and dispensing caps, MultiTest-i has the capability to measure:
- The extraction and application force of corks and stoppers
- The tensile strength, compressibility/recovery, bend, shear strength of the closure
- Operational forces to open, activate, and reseal multi-component dispenser caps
- The peak loads to break tamper evident elements, damage or disassemble the closure
- The forces required to peel the liner of a closure to verify induction seal manufacturing processes
- User-definable calculations (e.g. peak load, average load, etc)
- Highlight and note points of interest
- Use the zoom tool to precisely pinpoint important areas
- Archive and export data to your own software (e.g. Excel, SPC package, etc.)
- Comprehensive Help system only a click away
- Use Emperor's summary report tool for a pdf format
- Customise your own report using 'auto-export to Excel' function
- Maintain detailed records of previous tests
Console Mode allows tests to be created very simply by selecting options from radio-buttons and drop-down boxes. A number of pre-configured calculations are available and can be included by simply clicking with the mouse. Console mode is ideal for use on the factory floor by operators who need only minimal training to load and run programs directly from one of the five “Favourite” buttons.
- Maximum load of 2.5 kN (550 lbf)
- Crosshead movement up to 590 mm (23.2")*
- Maximum sample diameter 134mm (5.28")
- 13 different loadcell capacities, from 2 N to 2.5 kN (0.45 to 550 lbf)
- Load resolution of 1:6500 or better
- Loadcell accuracy: ±0.1 of full scale
- Speed range of 1 to 1000 mm/min (0.04 to 40"/min), 1 to 750 mm/min (0.04 to 30"/min) above 2 kN
- Weight 22 kg (49 lb)
* measured without loadcell or grips (see technical datasheet for loadcell measurements)